Starting from May 2018 there will be an upgrade of hardware and software of the following Drive-Tech models:
- DRIVE-TECH 3 x 230 V, from 3 kW up to 7.5 kW
- DRIVE-TECH 3 x 380 V – 460 V, from 5.5 kW up to 15 kW
Upgrade of capacitor
The electrolytic capacitors on the DC bus will be replaced by film capacitors. This will not only extend the product lifetime but also reduce the input current.
Sensorless Field Oriented Control (FOC)
There will be sensorless FOC controls implemented for three-phase asynchronous and synchronous permanent magnet motors. This has the following advantages:
- Optimal current control at each work point
- Quick and precise speed adjustment
- Less energy consumption
- Reduction of torque fluctuations (vibrations) for smoother operation throughout the frequency range and less system noise
- Less mechanical stress on the motor, pump and hydraulic system
The Field Oriented Control (FOC) requires a tuning operation to be performed to learn the electrical parameters of the motor. Full communication compatibility between new and previous devices, when connected in COMBO mode, is guaranteed.
The updated devices are identified accordingly on the product package and the date code. All updated technical details will also be described in the manual revision which is part of the product package. Shortly all information will be available on this website.
For further information please contact your commercial or marketing contact in Franklin Electric / E-Tech.